Head of operations
E-commerce marketplace SaaS-platform
ChannelEngine is a fast-growing Saas solution, offering leading brands, distributors, and retailers of all industries a solution to connect their systems to most important international Marketplaces and sales channels while optimizing sales, minimizing time, and maximizing profit and reach.
ChannelEngine's story began in 2013 when it became undeniable that marketplaces were going to be one of the most essential elements of the global e-commerce market. We saw an opportunity to make these powerful platforms available to any business. Our 15+ years of e-commerce experience helped us build the complete marketplace management suite, and now, six years later, we facilitate the sale of over 3 million products from 1500 brands to over 100 marketplaces.
Join Channelengine as the Head of operations, manage and scale our teams and help us become the number one global marketplace integrator!
As our new Head of operations, you’ll be responsible for the operation of all teams involved in the delivery of our services for all existing and new clients. These teams currently include Customer Success, Onboarding/integrations, Tech support, and Functional support. You will be the one leading the teams, heading up process improvements, team performance and expansion with a hands-on mindset challenging our teams and helping our team members to grow, learn and excel. You’ll do this with a down-to-earth, hands-on and entrepreneurial mentality. Highly developed interpersonal skills are essential to do this job well.
Some more specifics on the role:
Place within the organization:
Reports to the CEO & member of the Management Team
Knowledge and experience
- At least 7 years experience in a similar position gained within an international environment.
- Bachelor/ Masters Degree.
- Proven skills in various areas: performance management, online business, competence and talent management, strategic planning, quality control, customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in a SaaS business or similar IT services-oriented business (eg. Payment service providers or enterprise software).
- Independent self-starter, extremely proactive and organized.
- Strong leadership skills, empathic and inspiring leader.
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent interpersonal/people and communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Conducts (in consult with the CEO) the Operational business plan including budget and carries out the plan in the most effective way.
- Periodically reports within the Management Team on results and progress of the Operational business plan and budget.
- Is the driving force for the international Ops with an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Translates organizational goals into actions per department (in collaboration with team members) to improve collaboration on common goals
- Monitors trends/deviations in the operational processes and instructs the Ops team accordingly
- Implements continuous improvement cycles
- Directs the operations team to work according to Quality Control procedures and contributes to the further development of these procedures
- Supports in the assessment of specific corporate operations needs/questions and guides in finding solutions
- Works closely together with and aligns all teams to achieve operational excellence and continuous improvement
- Coaches and trains team members in their day-to-day profession to stimulate individual productivity and development
- Aligns structurally with the MT on developments and focus areas
- Prepares and conducts bi-annual appraisal conversations with direct reports to evaluate the performance and key performance indicators of individual team members
- Formulates a career plan with team members to stimulate employee commitment and retention
- Implements strategic decisions into the day to day processes
- Monitors trends in the day-to-day operation and guides team members if necessary